- Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer (4K/UHD/FHD) and 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S. (FHD)
- VFR (2 to 60 fps) /HD Super-Slow Motion (120/100 fps)
- Supports 4K, UHD, FHD; 60p/50p/25p/24p
- High-performance LEICA DICOMAR 4K Lens 24mm f2.8-F4.5 with optical 20X zoom (24-480mm).
- 2-channel XLR Audio, Wired/Wireless remote control, triple Manual Rings, user switch, timecode, ND Filter, Live HDMI output.
- Simultaneous 4K UHD/FHD dual codec recording to two SD cards.
- External microphone pictured not included.
Designed for Professional Recording
The light, compact Panasonic HC-X1 4K camcorder professional supports 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format recording and HD super slow-motion. Plus it includes a wide 24mm angle LEICA DICOMAR 4K Lens 20x zoom.
LEICA DICOMAR 4K Lens
The new high performance LEICA DICOMAR 24mm 4K Lens delivers 24mm* at the wide-angle setting with little distortion. A perfect solution for recording in tight and narrow spaces.
*35mm film camera equivalent at 4K 24p (aspect ratio 17:9). 25.4mm for UHD/FHD (aspect ratio 16:9).
4-Drive Lens System
The HC-X1 comes complete with a 4-Drive Lens System that simultaneously and independently drives 4 lens groups (group 2, iris, group 3, group 4). Lens size and drive range for each of the 4 groups can be efficiently suppressed to optimize image quality and zoom power.
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.
By using hand-shake correction that combines the effects of both optical and electronic image stabilization in HD shooting modes, hand-shake in various directions, including roll rotation, is detected and corrected.
20X Optical Zoom
The optical 20X zoom lens convers the range from 24mm wide-angle to 480mm telescopic (35mm film equivalent at 4K 24p). And the lens can quickly zoom from wide-angle to telescopic.
With the HC-X1 O.I.S., the correction area has been expanded to approximately 900%. An advantage that provides powerful correction even in unstable shooting situations, and greatly improves correction for small-amplitude hand-shake.
*Compared to the Panasonic AG-AC160A
4K 1.0-inch MOS Sensor
Ideal for high-precision, high-speed 4K 60p/50p recording. The effective MOS (approx. 9.46 megapixels in 4K 24p, and approx. 8.79 megapixels in UHD/FHD) offers an appropriate depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity. 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format, and HD 120-fps (59.94Hz)/100-fps (50Hz) super slow-motion recording are possible.
Precise AF performance is achieved by moving the Micro Drive Focus Unit minutely and quickly. AF can customize by adjusting AF Speed, AF Sensitivity and AF Area to best accommodate the subject type or application.
Dual SD Memory Card Slots
Two SD card slots enable unlimited* relay recording by simply changing SD cards, and simultaneous recording and background recording ensures recording reliability.
*The maximum amount of data that can be recorded on multiple SD cards is 96 GB. Recording will not stop even when the data size exceeds 96 GB.
Wireless Remote Control from an iPad®
A wireless module (AJ-WM50/AJ-WM30, sold separately) the AG ROP app for iPad* provides wireless remote control over camera settings, picture quality adjustment, REC start/stop and menu settings, and lens. Also displays a thumbnail view and preview to check recorded clips ** on an iPad.
*Free download from the Apple App Store. Supports iOS 7.1, iOS 8.1 and iOS 9.
**Only sub-recording (8 Mbps) of dual codec recording is supported with preview.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple, the Apple logo and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
Professional Functions and Controls
Triple Manual Rings
Three manual rings for Zoom, Focus and Iris control.
2-Channel XLR Audio Input Terminal
2 high-quality audio channels using either the 16-bit linear PCM system (MOV/MP4) or Dolby Digital system (AVCHD).
High-Resolution OLED EVF
A high-resolution OLED display (approx. 1,769,000 dots).
Sliding 3.5-type (inch) Touch-Panel LCD
A retractable touch-LCD can be pulled out of the camera handle and turned 270 degrees.
- • ND Filters: 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- • Gain: select from -3 dB to 24 dB gain for three-position (L/M/H).
- • AWB Selector: A/B memory and presets (3200/5600/VAR).
- • HDMI OUT: Outputs images up to 4K 24p and UHD 60p/50p.
- • VIDEO/AUDIO OUT: Outputs analog signals.
4K/UHD/FHD/SD Multi-Format Recording
Versatile and easy-to-use MOV (QuickTime), MP4 and AVCHD file formats are supported. The variety of recording modes with selectable image quality, frame rate and bit rate settings respond to a wide range of applications, from cinema production to online distribution.
VFR/HD Super-Slow Motion
VFR (variable frame rate) recording can be set in 10 steps* from 2 to 60 fps.** A super slow-motion effect can be achieved by high-speed HD recording at 120 fps (59.94 Hz) or 100 fps (50 Hz).
**When the system frequency rate is set to 59.94 Hz.
UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording
Record simultaneously into two different formats, Main (UHD/FHD) and Sub (FHD). Sub-recording files can be used for preview, off-line editing and online transmission. FHD (8 Mbps) sub-recording files can be transmitted via mobile networks.
- MORE DETAILS
- NOTESpecifications are subject to change without notice.
- SENSOR SECTION
- Image Sensor1-type (inch) MOS Sensor
- Total PixelsN/A
- Effective PixelsUHD/FHD 59.94p/29.97p/23.98p : 8.79 megapixels
- Effective Pixels4K 24.00p : 9.46 megapixels
- LENS SECTION
- F ValueF2.8 ― F4.5
- Optical Zoom20x
- Focal Length8.8 ― 176 mm
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent (Motion Image/Still Image)25.4 ― 508.0 mm [UHD/FHD 59.94p/29.97p/23.98p], 24.0 ― 480.0 mm [4K24.00p]
- Filter Diameter67 mm
- Lens BrandLeica Dicomar Lens
- CAMERA SECTION
- Standard IlluminationN/A
- Minimum Illumination0.2 lx (F2.8, Gain 18dB, Manual Slow Shutter 1/2, [HIGH SENS] Mode)
- FocusAuto / Manual
- ND Filter1/4, 1/16, 1/64, OFF
- IR FilterIncorporates the ON/OFF control function
- White BalanceAuto / ATW LOCK / 3200K / 5600K / VAR (2000K—15000K) / Ach Fixed / Bch Fixed
- Shutter SpeedN/A
- IrisAuto / Manual
- Super Slow RecordingN/A
- Image Stabilizer4K24.00p / UHD: Optical image stabilizer
- Image StabilizerFHD or lower: 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer
- Intelligent Zoom OFF20x
- Intelligent Zoom ON30x
- Digital Zoom2x / 5x / 10x
- Shutter Speed
- 59.94 Hz mode60i/60p: 1/60, 1/100, 1/120, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1000, 1/1500, 1/2000, 1/3000, 1/4000, 1/8000 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode30p: 1/30, 1/50, 1/60, 1/100, 1/120, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1000, 1/1500, 1/2000, 1/3000, 1/4000, 1/8000 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode24p: 1/24, 1/48, 1/50, 1/60, 1/100, 1/120, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1000, 1/1500, 1/2000, 1/3000, 1/4000, 1/8000 sec
- 50.00 Hz mode50i/50p: 1/50, 1/60, 1/100, 1/125, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1000, 1/1500, 1/2000, 1/3000, 1/4000, 1/8000 sec
- 50.00 Hz mode25p: 1/25, 1/50, 1/60, 1/100, 1/125, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1000, 1/1500, 1/2000, 1/3000, 1/4000, 1/8000 sec
- Slow Shutter Speed
- 59.94 Hz mode60i/60p: 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode30p: 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode24p: 1/2, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 sec
- 50.00 Hz mode50i/50p: 1/2, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12, 1/25 sec
- 50.00 Hz mode25p: 1/2, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 sec
- Synchro Scan
- 59.94 Hz mode59.94i/59.94p: 1/60.0 ― 1/249.7 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode29.97p: 1/30.0 ― 1/249.7 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode23.98p: 1/24.0 ― 1/249.6 sec
- 59.94 Hz mode24.00p: 1/24.0 ― 1/249.9 sec
- 50.00 Hz mode50i/50p: 1/50.0 ― 1/250.0 sec
- 50.00 Hz mode25p: 1/25.0― 1/250.0 sec
- VFR Recording Frame Rate
- 59.94 Hz mode30p: 2, 15, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 45, 60 fps
- 59.94 Hz mode24p: 2, 12, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 36, 48, 60 fps
- 50.00 Hz mode25p: 2, 12, 21, 23, 25, 27, 30, 37 and 50 fps
- HIGH SENS.modeF11 (2,000 lx, 3,200 K, 89.9% reflect, 1080/59.94i) / F12 (2,000 lx, 3,200 K, 89.9% reflect, 1080/50i)
- NORMAL modeF8 (2,000 lx, 3,200 K, 89.9% reflect, 1080/59.94i) / F9 (2,000 lx, 3,200 K, 89.9% reflect, 1080/50i)
- RECORDING SECTION
- Recording MediaSDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording FormatMOV, MP4, AVCHD
- Video Compression MethodMPEG-4 AVC/H.264 High Profile (MOV/MP4/AVCHD)
- Audio Compression MethodMOV / MP4: LPCM (2ch)
- Audio Compression MethodAVCHD: Dolby Digital (2ch)
- System Frequency59.94Hz / 50.00Hz
- Thumbnail DisplayN/A
- Recording / Playback Mode
- MP4/ MOV4K 4096x2160 24.00p 100M: Average 100Mbps (VBR)
- MP4/ MOVUHD 3840x2160 59.94p/50.00p 150M: Average 150Mbps (VBR)
- MP4/ MOVUHD 3840x2160 29.97p/25.00p/23.98p 100M: Average 100Mbps (VBR)
- MP4/ MOVFHD 1920x1080 59.94p/50.00p/29.97p/25.00p/23.98p 200M (ALL-Intra): Average 200Mbps (VBR)
- MP4/ MOVFHD 1920x1080 59.94p/50.00p 100M: Average 100Mbps (VBR)
- MP4/ MOVFHD 1920x1080 59.94p/50.00p/29.97p/25.00p/23.98p/59.94i/50.00i 50M: Average 50Mbps (VBR)
- AVCHDPS 1920x1080 59.94p/50.00p: Average 25Mbps (VBR)
- AVCHDPH 1920x1080 59.94i/50.00i/23.98p: Average 21Mbps (VBR)
- AVCHDHA 1920x1080 59.94i/50.00i: Average 17Mbps (VBR)
- AVCHDHE 1440x1080 59.94i/50.00i: Average 5Mbps (VBR)
- AVCHDPM 1280x720 59.94p/50.00p: Average 8Mbps (VBR)
- AVCHDSA 720x480/720x576 59.94i/50.00i (SIDE CROP/LETTERBOX/SQUEEZE): Average 9Mbps (VBR)
- STILL IMAGE SECTION
- Recording FormatJPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)
- Recording Image Size[17:9] 8.8megapixels (4096 x 2160)
- Recording Image Size[16:9] 8.3megapixels (3840 x 2160), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080), 0.9 megapixels (1280 x 720)
- GENERAL SECTION
- Power Supply7.28V (Battery) / 12V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption19.7W (LCD Monitor)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)Approx. 173 x 195 x 346 mm (6.81 x 7.68 x 13.6 inch)
- Weight (w/o Battery and SD Card)Approx. 2000g (4.41 lb)
- LCD Monitor3.5" Wide LCD monitor (1,152,000 dots)
- Viewfinder0.39" OLED (1,769,000 dots)
- Manual RingFocus / Zoom / Iris
- Accessory ShoeYes
- XLR InputN/A
- Camera RemoteN/A
- LED Video Light
- Average IlluminationN/A
- Irradiation AngleN/A
- Color TemperatureN/A
- Average Illumination with Diffusion FilterN/A
- Color Temperature with Color Conversion FilterN/A
- INTERFACE SECTION
- VIDEO OUTVideo OUT x 1
- HDMIType A x 1 (Not compatible with VIERA Link)
- HDMIOutput format:2160/59.94p/50.00p/29.97p/25.00p/24.00p/23.98p/, 1080/59.94p/50.00p/29.97p/25.00p/24.00p/23.98p/59.94i/50.00i/, 720/59.94p/50.00p, 480/59.94p, 576/50.00p
- Audio Input
- Built-in MicrophoneStereo microphone
- XLR InputXLR (3 pins) x 2
- XLR InputInput high impedance, LINE/MIC/MIC+48 V (switchable SW)
- XLR InputLINE：+4dBu/0dBu (switchable menu)
- XLR InputMIC: –40dBu/–50dBu/–60dBu (switchable menu)
- Audio Output
- HDMI2 ch (LPCM)
- Audio OUTAudio OUT x 2
- Headphone3.5 mm diameter stereo mini jack x 1
- Speaker20 mm diameter, round x 1
- Other Input/Output
- Camera Remote2.5mm super mini jack x 1 (ZOOM S/S)
- Camera Remote3.5mm mini jack x 1 (FOCUS/IRIS)
- USB 3.0 HOSTStandard-A connector, 9-pin, for External Media Device Connection,* Bus Power Supply
- USB 3.0 HOST*External media device with a capacity of 32 GB or below or a capacity above 2 TB cannot be used
- USB 3.0 DEVICEMicro-B connector, 10-pin, Mass storage function (read only)
- DC INDC 12V (11.4V ― 12.6V) EIAJ Type4
- STANDARD ACCESSORY
- AC AdaptorYes
- AC CableYes
- Rechargeable Battery PackYes (5,900mAh)
- Battery ChargerYes
- IR Remote—
- HDMI Cable—
- AV Multi CableN/A
- AV Cable—
- Shoe adaptorN/A
- USB Cable—
- Microphone HolderYes
- Microphone Holder ScrewsYes
- Input Terminal CapYes
- Shoulder StrapN/A
- Eye CupYes
- Lens HoodYes
- Lens CapN/A
- LED Light FilterN/A
- Editing Software—