Genelec 8351 SAM Studio Monitor
A revolution in three-way monitor design, the Genelec 8351 boasts a unique look, a compact size and a performance that has to be heard to be believed.
It looks elegant and it sounds out of this world – the acoustically coaxial Genelec 8351 is a true landmark in three-way monitoring design. As impressive to the ear as it is striking to the eye, the Genelec 8351 combines four key Genelec innovations to deliver remarkable results.
Genelec’s Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW™) technology combines with the Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) driver and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) to produce extremely controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth. The monitor’s performance remains identical in both vertical and horizontal orientations, ensuring true accuracy in every application, from recording studios to post-production houses, edit suites, broadcast facilities and outside broadcast vehicles. All this is coupled to the versatility of Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™).
Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal™ compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment, no matter if you work in simple stereo or ambitious immersive audio applications.
- Smart Active Monitor (SAM) Szstems
- Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) Driver Technologz
- Acoustically concealed Woofers (ACW) Technology
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) Technology
- Reflex Port Design
- Protection Circuitry
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) Technology
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Iso-Pod Stand
- Versatile Mountings
- 111 dB
- 32 Hz – 35 kHz (-6 dB)
- ± 1.5 dB (38 Hz - 21 kHz)
- 2x Oval Woofers 8 1/2 x 4 inch + Coaxial Midrange/Tweeter MDC™ 5 / 3/4 inch + DCW™
- Woofer 150 W + Midrange 120 W + Tweeter 90 W
- H 452 x W 287 x D 278 mm (H 17 3/4 x W 11 1/3 x D 11 inch)
- 19 kg / 42 lb
- 1 x XLR analog input, 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 control network