Genelec 8260A SAM Studio Monitor
A masterpiece of electro-acoustic design, the Genelec 8260A remains a milestone achievement in coaxial monitoring and mid-field precision.
Combining the unmatched detail and clarity of Genelec’s three-way, coaxial design with tremendous SPL and the innovation of Smart Active Monitoring, Genelec the 8260A has been an icon of the modern studio since it was launched.
The tri-amplified monitor employs a range of Genelec technologies to exceed the expectations of even the most demanding facilities. The ground-breaking Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) driver and advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) technology work in tandem to provide accurate imaging with outstanding clarity and definition to reveal inner details of your mix. Meanwhile, the world’s most advanced and adaptable monitoring technology is available in the shape of Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™). Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal™ compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment.
A trusted icon of modern mixing, the 8260A can be found in mid-sized to large mixing rooms and broadcast facilities all over the globe.
- Smart Active Monitor (SAM) Systems
- Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) Driver Technology
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) Technology
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Protection Circuitry
- Reflex Port Design
- Iso-Pod Stand
- Versatile Mountings
- 113 dB
- 23 Hz – 40 kHz (-6 dB)
- ±1 dB (29 Hz - 21 kHz)
- Woofer 10 inch + Coaxial Midrange/Tweeter MDC™5 / ¾ inch, coaxial + DCW™
- Woofer 150 W + Midrange 120 W + Tweeter 120 W
- H 593 x W 357 x D 347 mm (23 3/8 x 14 1/16 x 13 5/8 inch, with Iso-Pod™)
- 27.5 kg / 60.5 lb
- 1 x XLR analog input, 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 control network