Axel Tech - Tiger E3
Digital MPX+RDS coder with analog/digital/MPX inputs. Streaming IN/OUT. Audio & MPX Changeover. RDS with n.8 Dataset. UECP v.7.05. ODA, TMC, IH, RT, RT+. Scheduler PS, RT, PTY. Web Server, SNMP v2.0. 6 GPI, 4 Relays. Radio automation interface. GPS. Please note: The Multimedia Package is optional (Streaming IN, Streaming OUT, Media player)
Axel Tech Tiger E3 is the top-class Stereo Generator and RDS/RBDS encoder that fulfills every custom requirements, from large national FM networks to local stations.
It features the latest technology to deliver highest performance, RDS 2.0 ready, complies with CENELEC specifications, provides WEB GUI via browser and SNMP protoco Axel Tech Tiger E3 supports the most advanced RDS dynamic services, including TMC, ODA, IH, TDC, EWS, Radio Text and Radio Text plus. Tiger E3 allows to interface Radio Automation Systems to display song title, artist and other information.
The built-in ITU BS412 multiplex power controller acts on all outputs to meet even the most strict European government regulations include a full spectral protection of subcarriers and RDS/RBDS regardless of the amount of composite limiting.
Tiger E3 has a double IP streaming receiver and SD card player managed by a multimedia changeover.
- Main Supply 90--260Vac 50/60Hz. 15W
- Green device - only 15W
- Full Color Graphic display 480x128 (only Tiger E5)
- Status leds panel with 40 leds
- Rack 1u 19” - Inox steel
- Redundat PSU (available as an option)
- High immunity to strong RF fields, designed to be installed in high power TX sites
- Fully Digital – No trimmer
Inputs & Stereo Generator Section
- Analog input on XLR,
- Digital AESEBU input on XLR
- Double streaming IP input (MP3,OPUS,PCM,VORBIS…)
- Double MPX output with indipendent source and level.
- Bypass HW on MPX Outputs (Aux-1 to Out 1&2)
- 2 AUX input (MPX/RDS/SCA) wide band - digitally controlled.
- MPX Changeover between external or internal MPX sources.
- 2 Wide Band mixer to mix internal (Stereo generator an RDS) or external (MPX, RDS or SCA)
- Configurable delay on MPX signals.
- AGC on each single source
- Limiter, Clipper MPX.
- ITU BS412 control
- ITU Loudness measurement
- Out band noise and Pilot Noise measurement
- RDS,Pilot,Main Audio and Sub Audio Measurement
- Integrated Hi-Quality MPX Decoder
- 4 channels Audio Changeover Changeover Audio with source priority / restore logic.
- Backup audio player on SD card
- Configurable delay on Audio sources.
- Configurable UECP Filter on incoming RDS Signal (AUX-1) for rebroadcasting use.
- Capability to Digital erase RDS signal on incoming MPX+RDS Signal
- Upgrade FW directly on the field managed by web GUI interface.
- Audio limiter integrated (Psicoacustic, Look-ahead, ITU BS412)
- Fast DSP Starting time <5 sec (OS < 30 sec
Encoder RDS Section
- RDS encoder fully compliant with UECP EBU SPB490 v7.05, CENELEC (Europa) and NRSC (America).
- Fully support of all the RDS services, Static and Dynamic services.
- UEPC Ports (2 Serials, 4 TCPIP, 4 UDP).
- n.8 Data Set
- n.10 EON + Main PS for each Data Set.
- Integrated RDS decoder.
- Tuner FM with RDS decoder (as an option)
- Dataset switch managed by UECP/SNMP/REST/HTTP/ASCII PARSER/TXT FILE/GPI
- Easy to interface to any kind of automation system (UECP/SNMP/REST/HTTP/ASCII PARSER/TXT FILE)
- Capability to connects all the Radio Automation System to get data for RDS (PS/RT/RT+/TA/MS)
- Easy RDS page fast setup.
GUI & Monitoring
- Fully programmable by Web GUI interface, all the browser are supported
- Simple and intuitive GUI, supported by all devices (PC, notebook, tablet, smartphone, etc. ..)
- Easy and configurable graphical interface.
- Multi user web GUI
- Map with device geolocation (RX sat or fixed coordinates are required)
- Web GUI with info bubbles
- Monitoring FM Tuner (as an option)
- MPX spectrum signal Analyzer on outputs, Aux inputs, and internal signals.
- Dynamical graphics to see the value in the time
- RDS Groups data analyzer.
- GUI with led meter bars
- IP audio streaming encoding for remote audio monitoring, with indipendent source selection and level.
- Headphones output with indipendent source selections and level
Monitoring Tuner (options)
- RF Level measurament
- Carrier Offeset
- MPX, RDS and Pilot deviations
- BLER (Block Error Ratio).
- RDS Decoder (PI, PS, RT, PTY, RT+,TP,TA, M/S, CT,AF,TMC, EON)
Communications & Management
- Ethernet/USB/RS232/GPIO connections
- Easy WiFi Access - Hot spot WiFi USB to connect directly a wireless device to the Tiger.
- SNMP V2c
- Possibility to set up to 3 NTP Servers (V1, V2, V3, V4).
- Possibility to send email to 4 receivers and set 3 differnet SMPT server.
- IPV4 and IPV6 support (3 addresses IPV4 and 3 addresses IPV6).
- N°2 RS232 for UECP commands.
- 6 GPI and 4 Relay Out (all GPIO are fully programmable by the GUI)
- HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, UDP, TCP support.
- Alarms via : TRAP (SNMP), email(SMTP), GPO, HTTP
- External GPS support (Time, Date and Geolocation)
- uSD Card for clone function, for manteniance and easy replace of a faulty unit.
- Import and export configurations function
- PRESET, with load/save/import /export function
- Logs 24/7 with export funtions
- 6 levels of right access managment
- Easy configuration page setup with info connection diagrams.
- REST API available to manage the device
- ASCII PARSER interface for easy command line settings
- SAMBA SHARE function to connect and get data from an external PC.
- Multi-user contemporary access
Connect “any” Kind of Sources
Tiger e3/e5 manages different kind of audio sources as Analog & Digital audio, IP-Audio, Backup-Player and MPX, thanks to the 4 channels audio changeover and 2 channel MPX Changeover.
The internal delay can be assigned to any source and allows the time alignment of two or more sources.It is possible to use the internal audio player as a backup if all the external sources fail.
The internal limiter continuously monitors the sources audio levels, allowing the level managing and avoiding any overshoot generated by the satellite or IP-Audio MPEG decompression.
MPX inputs are decoded (L&R) and available to be used as sources for the Audio Changeover or MPX Changeover.
MPX Changeover features a UECP filter that allows the regeneration or filtering of any RDS service (PS, RT,RT+,IH,TMC,TA/TP), thus giving the user the chance to maintain, replace or filter any RDS parameter starting from the incoming RDS signal.Changeover / FM Monitoring System with integrated Tuner.
TIGER E5 can manage and decode MPX and RDS signals, receive IP Audio streaming signals, receive and analyze Analog and Digital audio signals. Thanks to the 4 channels Audio changeover and MPX Changeover it can handle every kind of received signal in a transmitting site.
Tiger e3/e5 is fully configurable via WEB interface. Its web server is compatible with all the available web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Safari…).
Tiger e3/e5 supports laptop, tablet and smartphones simplifying the browsing and setting of the device with its responsive-kind graphic interface that adapts the viewing mode according to the resolution and position (portrait/landscape) of the current viewing device.
The provided WiFi USB dongle creates a specific WiFi hotspot that enables the access to the device without the need of cabled or wireless net.
Tiger e3/e5 features 3 IPV4 and 3 IPV6 addresses to ensure concurrent connection for all the broadcasting and monitoring systems.
Any first-time user can take advantage of Tiger e3/e5 simplified settings management. EASY CONFIGURATION FUNCTION quickly and easily enables the user to set the working mode, while QUICK RDS SETUP brings the mostly simple way to set the main RDS parameters.
IMPORT/EXPORT and PRESET MANAGER are available for a more advanced management of Tiger e3/e5.
These functions apply to the whole device configuration or only to some selectable modules (SYSTEM, RDS, MPX, AUDIO, MULTIMEDIA and TUNER).
Tiger e3/e5 uses a uSD card to create an automatic copy of all the device data whenever the user changes anything. If the device needs to be replaced or duplicated, the uSD card can be used to clone it.
Tiger e3/e5 features an endearing GUI (Graphical User Interface) that makes use of clear elements, rich of information. With a simple and straightforward selection of the available banners, it is possible to keep under control any function. The selected banners are always visible in any menu.
Tiger e3/e5 displays in both graphical and numerical format all the input and output levels as well as the internally generated signals. The visualization can be numerical, bar graph or time related.
In the RDS section, a specific area is available for on-air RDS group analysis (static and dynamic) to evaluate services balancing.
In the MPX section, spectrum analyzers display the MPX+RDS input and output signals.
Tiger e3/e5 provides two independent listening paths for every internal audio source:Local: using the headphone socket on front panel and the display to select the source.
Remote: using the internal IP audio encoder that enables the remote audio receiving with different listening quality choices.
The MPX decoder let the user listen to the decoded L&R audio for any of the MPX sources, input, output or internal.
|Power Supply||90-260 Vac / 47-63 Hz 15W|
|Analog Left & Right Input|
|Connector||Balanced on 2 XLR – EMI Suppressed|
|Nominal Input Level (Sensitivity)||Software Adjustable from -12dBu to + 13,0 dBu (0,1dB step)|
|Nominal Input Level||-21,0dBu ÷ +24,0dBu|
|Max Input Level (clipping point)||Selectable +15,0dBu or +24,0dBu|
|A/D conversion||CS4272, 24 bit / 48 Khz|
|Input CMRR||>60dB (20Hz-20kHz)|
|Connector||Balanced on 1 XLR – EMI Suppressed|
|Audio Sample Rate||32/44.1/48/96/192KHz|
|Adjustable Nominal Input Level (Sensitivity)||From -25,0dBFS to -0,2dBFS (0,1dB step)|
|Nominal Input Level||-36dBFS ÷ 0,0dBFS|
|Dynamic Range (Converter Values)||124dB (32KHz) – 126dB (44,1KHz) 126dB(48KHz) – 122dB (96KHz)|
|MPX Input – MPX|
|Connector||Unbalanced on 2 BNC – EMI Suppressed|
|Adjustable Nominal Input Level (Sensitivity)||Software Adjustable -9dBm to +15,0dBm|
|Range of Level||-21,0dBu ÷ +24,0dBu|
|Max Input Level (clipping point)||Selectable +5,0dBu or +18,0dBu|
|A/D Conversion||Texas PCM4202|
|MPX Output - MPX|
|Connector||Unbalanced on 2 BNC – EMI Suppressed|
|Output Impedance||10 Ω|
|Load Impedance||600 Ω or greater|
|Maximum Load Capacitance||5nF|
|D/A Conversion||Texas PCM 1796|
|Composite Output Level||-0,0dBm to +15,0 dBm (0,1 dBm step)|
|Support||On Micro SD CARD (max 64GB)|
|Supported formats||MP3, WAV|
|Supported Sample Rates||32,44.1,48,64,96 KHz|
|MPX & RDS Signal|
|Pilot Frequency||19 KHz +/- 1Hz|
|Pilot Injection||Adj from -25,0dB a -15,5dB (0,1 dB step); 6 to 18% of total deviation|
|Pilot Stability||±10 ppm (-10 to +55°C)|
|Pilot Distortion||0,05% (typical)|
|Pilot Distortion + Noise||0,068% (on 100KHz band)|
|Composite out THD||0,01% (typical on the whole band)|
|Stereo Separation||>70 dB (typical on the whole band)|
|Linear Crosstalk Main to Sub / Sub to Main||>70 dB (minimum)|
|Digital filtering / band||30 Hz to 15 kHz (-0,1dB), 17 kHz (-70 dB), 19 kHz (-100 dB)|
|57 kHz (RDS/RBDS) Protection||Better than 51 dB|
|Pre-emphasis||Off, 50uS, 75uS (+/-0,1dB)|
|Freq Response||±0,3 dB (30Hz-15kHz)|
|Operation||Mono / Stereo|
|MPX/RDS Output||Adj from -10,0 dB to 15,0 dB (0,1 dB step)|
|Signal/Noise Ratio||≥ 85 dB (on 100 kHz band)|
|Carrier Suppression||> 85 dB|
|GPIO Inputs/Outputs||6 GPI / 4 GPO|
|Communication Port||2xRS232, 3xUSB, 1xLAN|
|Synchronization||Ext(Pilot Mpx)/Int/ Auto|
|RDS Level adjustment||Digitally controlled|
|Phase adjustment||Yes, 0 ÷ 359.9°|
|Separate outputs for RDS+MPX and for RDS only||Yes|
|Command to activate the RDS SCA||Yes|
|Side Chain Mode, Loop through mode, Bypass feature||Yes|
|RDS Subcarrier||100% Digitally Generated Shape|
|CENELEC – EN50067 compliant –||Yes|
|Accurate Clock Time (CT) Sync with Internet Connection||Yes|
|Remote TA actuation for Traffic Announcements||Yes|
|GPS module for automatic synchronization of the built-in Real Time Clock (RTC)||Optional (USB External)|
|RDS decoder for rebroadcasting RDS Data||Yes|
|Firmware can be upgraded on the field||Yes|
|Front-panel Colour TFT Display||No (Tiger E3) Yes (Tiger E5)|
|Data may be entered on-site with Front-panel knob||No (Tiger E3) Yes (Tiger E5)|
|Front Panel Leds||40|
|Operating Temperature||0°C ÷ 50°C|
|PS||8 DSN x MAIN+10 PSN|
|PI||8 DSN x MAIN+10 PSN|
|PIN & PTY||RDS/RBDS|
|AF Method A||up to 1024 (64 lists)|
|AF Method B||up to 1024 (64 lists)|
|RT||Yes, 32 messages|
|RT rate adjustment||Group Sequence|
|RT+ for songs and content tagging||Yes|
|TA Control||Command, Software, GPI|
|TMC, EWS, IH, TDC||Yes|
|Free Format Groups (FFG)||Yes|
|Open Data Application (ODA)||Yes|
|Scrolling by characters, by word, auto centre, truncate long words||Yes (Characters – from 1 up to 8)|
|Connection with Automation Software||Yes|
|Network Connectivity||4 TCP ports / 4 UDP / 1 SNMP|
|Configuration Software||Web Server, FTP|
|ASCII Protocol||Configuration Messages|
|Alert notifications on user-defined events via SNMP traps or E-mails||Yes|
|Embedded SNMP agent permitting active management tasks||Yes|
|Supported Network Protocols||HTTP, SMTP, UDP, TCP, NTP, FTP|
|UECP Protocol||EBU SPB490 Ver.7.05|
|RDS 2.0 Ready||Yes|
|Dimensions (W; H; D)||485 x 44 x 240 mm|